I am an assistant professor in the EECS Department at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, where I work on topics in networked systems, networking, and big data as part of the Software Systems Lab. Before joining Michigan, I completed my Ph.D. in the AMPLab at UC Berkeley with Ion Stoica. I grew up in Dhaka speaking Bangla.
I’m looking for motivated students! If you are already in Ann Arbor, please send me an email to arrange a time to meet.
My research focuses on increasing application-infrastructure symbiosis across different layers of software and hardware stacks. Some of my recent projects include:
- Coflow-based networking [CODA – SIGCOMM’16] [Aalo – SIGCOMM’15] [Varys – SIGCOMM’14] [Orchestra – SIGCOMM’11]
- Multi-resource allocation in datacenters [HUG – NSDI’16] [HARP – SIGCOMM’12] [FairCloud – SIGCOMM’12]
- Compute and storage for big data [Sinbad – SIGCOMM’13] [Apache Spark – NSDI’12]
- Network virtualization [ViNEYard – IEEE/ACM ToN’12, INFOCOM’09]
- EECS 489: Computer Networks [W17]
- EECS 582: Advanced Operating Systems [F16] [W16]